n.
										 be all ears
										- 全神贯注地听;聚精会神地听
 to be waiting with interest to hear what sb has to say- ‘Do you know what he said?’ ‘Go on─I'm all ears.’
 “你知道他说什么了吗?”“讲吧——我洗耳恭听。”
 
 be out on your ear
										- 被迫离开(工作岗位等);被撵出去
 to be forced to leave (a job, etc.)
 
 be up to your ears in sth
										- 深陷于;埋头于;忙于
 to have a lot of sth to deal with- We're up to our ears in work.
 我们工作忙得不可开交。
 
 sth comes to/reaches sb's ears
										- 传到…的耳朵里
 somebody hears about sth, especially when other people already know about it- News of his affair eventually reached her ears.
 他的绯闻终于传到她耳朵里。
 
 sb's ears are burning
										- (感到有人议论,尤指说闲话而)耳朵发热
 a person thinks that other people are talking about them, especially in an unkind way- ‘I bumped into your ex-wife last night.’ ‘I thought I could feel my ears burning!’
 “我昨天晚上偶然遇到你的前妻。”“怪不得我好像觉得耳朵发热呢!”
 
 sb's ears are flapping
										- 某人正竖着耳朵听
 a person is trying to listen to sb else's conversation
 
 go in one ear and out the other
										- 一只耳朵进另一只耳朵出;当作耳边风
 to be forgotten quickly- Everything I tell them just goes in one ear and out the other.
 我无论对他们说什么都只被当作耳边风。
 
 have sth coming out of your ears
										- 有的是某物(形容大量拥有,甚至超过所需)
 to have a lot of sth, especially more than you need
 
 have sb's ear
										 have the ear of sb
										- 在某人那里说得上话;使某人听得进去
 to be able to give sb advice, influence them, etc. because they trust you- He had the ear of the monarch.
 他在君主那里说得上话。
 
 keep/have your ear to the ground
										- 注意看动向;掌握最新发展情况
 to make sure that you always find out about the most recent developments in a particular situation
 
 play (sth) by ear
										- 凭记忆演奏;不看乐谱弹奏
 to play music by remembering how it sounds rather than by reading it
 
 play it by ear
										- 见机行事;随机应变;根据情况需要行动
 to decide how to deal with a situation as it develops rather than by having a plan to follow- I don't know what they'll want when they arrive─we'll have to play it by ear.
 我不知道他们到达时需要什么——我们只有见机行事了。
 
 shut/close your ears to sth
										- (对…)充耳不闻,置之不理
 to refuse to listen to sth- She decided to shut her ears to all the rumours.
 她拿定主意对所有的谣言置之不理。
 
 smile/grin/beam from ear to ear
										- 眉开眼笑;笑得合不拢嘴
 to be smiling, etc. a lot because you are very pleased about sth
 
 with half an ear
										- 心不在焉地听
 without giving your full attention to what is being said, etc.
 
 not believe your ears/eyes
										- 不相信自己的耳朵(或眼睛);对所闻(或所见)非常吃惊
 to be very surprised at sth you hear/see- I couldn't believe my eyes when she walked in.
 她走进来时我简直不相信自己的眼睛。
 
 bend sb's ear (about sth)
										- 向某人唠叨诉说(尤指自己的难处)
 to talk to sb a lot about sth, especially about a problem that you have
 
 give sb a box on the ears
										- 打某人耳光
 to hit sb with your hand on the side of their head as a punishment
 
 box sb's ears
										- 打某人耳光
 to hit sb with your hand on the side of their head as a punishment
 
 cock an ear/eye at sth/sb
										- 侧耳倾听;凝神细看
 to look at or listen to sb/sth carefully and with a lot of attention
 
 fall on deaf ears
										- 不被理睬;不被注意;被置若罔闻
 to be ignored or not noticed by other people- Her advice fell on deaf ears.
 她的忠告没有受到重视。
 
 easy on the ear/eye
										- 好听 / 好看的;悦耳 / 悦目的
 pleasant to listen to or look at
 
 feel your ears burning
										- 觉得耳朵在发烧(认为或猜测别人在说自己)
 to think or imagine that other people are talking about you
 
 with a flea in your ear
										- 以气愤的言语,以责难(把人轰走)
 if sb sends a person away with a flea in their ear , they tell them angrily to go away
 
 lend an ear (to sb/sth)
										- 聆听;倾听
 to listen in a patient and sympathetic way to sb
 
 music to your ears
										- 好消息;令人满意的信息
 news or information that you are very pleased to hear
 
 keep your ears/eyes open (for sth)
										- (对…)保持警觉;注意;留心
 to be quick to notice or hear things
 
 make a pig's ear (out) of sth
										- 把事情办砸;弄得一团糟
 to do sth badly; to make a mess of sth
 
 prick (up) your ears
										 prick (up) your ears
										 ring in your ears/head
										- 在耳边回响
 to make you feel that you can still hear sth- His warning was still ringing in my ears.
 他的警告依然在我耳边回响。
 
 make a silk purse out of a sow's ear
										- 用劣材制精品;化腐朽为神奇
 to succeed in making sth good out of material that does not seem very good at all
 
 give sb/get a thick ear
										- 打耳光;挨耳光
 to hit sb/be hit on the head as a punishment
 
 walls have ears
										- 隔墙有耳
 used to warn people to be careful what they say because other people may be listening
 
 (still) wet behind the ears
										- 乳臭未干;少不更事;没见过世面
 young and without much experience
 
 have a word in sb's ear
										- 和…说私话;与…密谈
 to speak to sb privately about sth