第十八篇 | 走遍美国
1 / 8
He's probably right.
查看中文翻译
I don't believe it!
查看中文翻译
Maybe it needs cutting.
查看中文翻译
Lots of people are tired of higher taxes.
查看中文翻译
Lots of people want their taxes
查看中文翻译
on the school board,
查看中文翻译
and a new paint job in the schoolrooms.
查看中文翻译
He says it's to save the taxpayers' money,
查看中文翻译
I hear it from my patients.
查看中文翻译
Nothing.
查看中文翻译
by cutting all the cultural programs.
查看中文翻译
that the taxpayers will vote for him
查看中文翻译
Who's Carter Boswell?
查看中文翻译
Well, I'm not sure. Ellen.
查看中文翻译
and keep the cultural programs for our kids.
查看中文翻译
and I think he believes
查看中文翻译
Carter Boswell!
查看中文翻译
No music, no dance,
查看中文翻译
used for new books
查看中文翻译
he'll be an important decision-maker
查看中文翻译
Cutting the budget is fine,
查看中文翻译
But he wants to cut the school budget!
查看中文翻译
but he wants to do it
查看中文翻译
What's wrong with wanting to be on the school board?
查看中文翻译
but if Boswell wins
查看中文翻译
Why does he want to do that?
查看中文翻译
What's wrong?
查看中文翻译
if he spends less on the cultural programs.
查看中文翻译
He's running for the school board.
查看中文翻译
I know,
查看中文翻译
no concert, no stage presentations.
查看中文翻译
Maybe some of us would like to pay a little bit more
查看中文翻译
The election's next month.
查看中文翻译
and he doesn't know anything
查看中文翻译
第十八篇 | 走遍美国
2 / 8
is going to win this seat on the board.
查看中文翻译
the voters will have a clear choice.
查看中文翻译
Well, if I run for office,
查看中文翻译
You know something, Ellen?
查看中文翻译
Well, you've got my vote.
查看中文翻译
I stand for everything Boswell doesn't.
查看中文翻译
I'll vote for you.
查看中文翻译
Will you help me if I do run?
查看中文翻译
I'm with you.
查看中文翻译
I'm serious, Philip.
查看中文翻译
running for the school board.
查看中文翻译
And how are you going to stop him?
查看中文翻译
it takes a little bit of money to run a campaign.
查看中文翻译
The trouble is
查看中文翻译
against Boswell, Ellen.
查看中文翻译
Against Carter Boswell?
查看中文翻译
Oh, not if I can stop him!
查看中文翻译
Why not give the people of Riverdale a clear choice?
查看中文翻译
You can make a difference.
查看中文翻译
about our children's education.
查看中文翻译
Why shouldn't I run?
查看中文翻译
Who's running against him?
查看中文翻译
Hey, that's terrific, Mom!
查看中文翻译
Your mother is thinking of
查看中文翻译
Nobody. That's the problem.
查看中文翻译
Why shouldn't you run for what, Mom?
查看中文翻译
you wouldn't need as much money.
查看中文翻译
Absolutely.
查看中文翻译
I think a lot of people will vote for you
查看中文翻译
Maybe I'll run against him.
查看中文翻译
I don't know.
查看中文翻译
I think you can make a difference, Ellen.
查看中文翻译
Well, it sounds to me like Carter Boswell
查看中文翻译
And in a short campaign
查看中文翻译
Great!
查看中文翻译
第十八篇 | 走遍美国
3 / 8
I want to keep the after-school programs --
查看中文翻译
Mr. Maxwell?
查看中文翻译
You asked to see me.
查看中文翻译
Well,
查看中文翻译
I don't want them to grow up
查看中文翻译
I'd like your help.
查看中文翻译
Actually, it's the only newspaper.
查看中文翻译
more than reading, writing, and arithmetic.
查看中文翻译
the music, the concerts.
查看中文翻译
But what do you care about?
查看中文翻译
I'm editor of the most influential newspaper in Riverdale.
查看中文翻译
Yes.
查看中文翻译
Sure.
查看中文翻译
Please, sit down.
查看中文翻译
A lot of people would like my help.
查看中文翻译
I'm planning to run for the school board.
查看中文翻译
Hello.
查看中文翻译
Yes, Charles Maxwell.
查看中文翻译
It's not a bad plan.
查看中文翻译
Will you announce that I'm running?
查看中文翻译
Because I care.
查看中文翻译
Well, I care about the children of our town.
查看中文翻译
Mrs. Stewart?
查看中文翻译
Come in.
查看中文翻译
But I need some information.
查看中文翻译
I want our children to learn
查看中文翻译
Do you have a plan?
查看中文翻译
What would you like to see me about?
查看中文翻译
Of course.
查看中文翻译
Do you have a story?
查看中文翻译
without cultural programs in our school.
查看中文翻译
Why will the voters vote for you against Boswell,
查看中文翻译
"Vote for Ellen Stewart. She cares."
查看中文翻译
Well, that is news.
查看中文翻译
Against Carter Boswell?
查看中文翻译
Not a bad slogan.
查看中文翻译
My name is Ellen Stewart.
查看中文翻译
But who's going to pay for all of this?
查看中文翻译
第十八篇 | 走遍美国
4 / 8
"She cares."
查看中文翻译
Hi. This is Robbie Stewart.
查看中文翻译
We are.
查看中文翻译
Mr. Nelson.
查看中文翻译
I'll give her your best wishes,
查看中文翻译
Need another box?
查看中文翻译
I can't expect you to take my side against Boswell.
查看中文翻译
We finished addressing over three hundred envelopes.
查看中文翻译
I certainly can print the news.
查看中文翻译
Fair enough.
查看中文翻译
Did you know
查看中文翻译
so that the people of our town
查看中文翻译
Good work, gang.
查看中文翻译
And you are now making news.
查看中文翻译
Thanks.
查看中文翻译
Mr. Nelson.
查看中文翻译
Here are the fliers, hot off the press!
查看中文翻译
But I do need some publicity
查看中文翻译
You fold the fliers.
查看中文翻译
You don't know me.
查看中文翻译
Oh, see you at the polls.
查看中文翻译
my mother is running for the school board?
查看中文翻译
Exactly what do you want from me, Mrs. Stewart?
查看中文翻译
Hi, this is Mike Johnson.
查看中文翻译
Right over here, Grandpa.
查看中文翻译
Yes, Miss Kim, Ellen Stewart.
查看中文翻译
I plan to get help
查看中文翻译
and that I care about our children.
查看中文翻译
from the businessmen and the corporations of Riverdale.
查看中文翻译
The citizens of Riverdale, of course.
查看中文翻译
Simple.
查看中文翻译
Looks good.
查看中文翻译
That's fair enough.
查看中文翻译
know that I'm running for office
查看中文翻译
Certainly.
查看中文翻译
Richard and I will put them into the envelopes.
查看中文翻译
Can I speak with Mr. or Mrs. Anderson?
查看中文翻译
第十八篇 | 走遍美国
5 / 8
Thanks to you, Richard,
查看中文翻译
it's a good picture.
查看中文翻译
Hello, darling.
查看中文翻译
We stuff them.
查看中文翻译
Everyone saw the story in the Riverdale newspaper.
查看中文翻译
Five.
查看中文翻译
Your photo in it helped, too.
查看中文翻译
Mr. Maxwell was very kind
查看中文翻译
Mrs. Greenberg is on the phone.
查看中文翻译
What channel?
查看中文翻译
It helps enormously.
查看中文翻译
May I… may I help?
查看中文翻译
I care about the practical things.
查看中文翻译
I care about the school buildings in need of paint.
查看中文翻译
Five?
查看中文翻译
I can't believe it!
查看中文翻译
I care about more lockers for the teachers.
查看中文翻译
Can I speak with Mr. or Mrs. Burns?
查看中文翻译
Hi, this is Mike Johnson.
查看中文翻译
to print my announcement.
查看中文翻译
Hi, Dad.
查看中文翻译
Well, hi, all.
查看中文翻译
And I lick the envelopes.
查看中文翻译
I care about new fixtures in the hallways --
查看中文翻译
Thank you.
查看中文翻译
We have done so much
查看中文翻译
Wait till Philip comes home and sees our progress.
查看中文翻译
… and if you ask what I care about, I'll tell you.
查看中文翻译
in such a short amount of time.
查看中文翻译
If you do, vote for me, Carter Boswell.
查看中文翻译
I fold the fliers.
查看中文翻译
Everybody in Riverdale reads his paper.
查看中文翻译
Hey, everybody,
查看中文翻译
doing a commercial.
查看中文翻译
She says Carter Boswell is on the TV right now --
查看中文翻译
Licking envelopes.
查看中文翻译
not music or dancing or entertainment.
查看中文翻译
第十八篇 | 走遍美国
6 / 8
What happened?
查看中文翻译
What does the word care mean?
查看中文翻译
Hello. My name is Ellen Stewart,
查看中文翻译
I care.
查看中文翻译
… I care about people, not things.
查看中文翻译
You can be, too.
查看中文翻译
I care about people, not things.
查看中文翻译
Vote for me, Ellen Stewart.
查看中文翻译
A lot of people will agree with him.
查看中文翻译
but now what?
查看中文翻译
Boswell's a powerful speaker.
查看中文翻译
I care about people, not things.
查看中文翻译
Don't be upset by Boswell's commercial.
查看中文翻译
… my slogan is "I care."
查看中文翻译
will see it and hear it?
查看中文翻译
You have to go on television, too.
查看中文翻译
I don't know.
查看中文翻译
Vote for me, Ellen Stewart.
查看中文翻译
I like it,
查看中文翻译
Your ideas are good ones.
查看中文翻译
… I mean that when I say "I care",
查看中文翻译
Mom is now on television
查看中文翻译
and I'm running for the open seat on the school board.
查看中文翻译
It's our school, but we can't vote.
查看中文翻译
Sure.
查看中文翻译
My slogan is "I care."
查看中文翻译
Too bad kids can't vote.
查看中文翻译
There are, Ellen.
查看中文翻译
You were terrific!
查看中文翻译
I'm not sure I'm up to it.
查看中文翻译
Leave it to me.
查看中文翻译
I care.
查看中文翻译
I told you.
查看中文翻译
How can we possibly get it on so Riverdale
查看中文翻译
Vote for me, Ellen Stewart.
查看中文翻译
I care.
查看中文翻译
How was it?
查看中文翻译
There are people in favor of the cultural programs, Mom.
查看中文翻译
in every appliance store in Riverdale,
查看中文翻译
Can I see it?
查看中文翻译
第十八篇 | 走遍美国
7 / 8
Let's just all calm down,
查看中文翻译
I called channel five.
查看中文翻译
Hold it, Robbie!
查看中文翻译
Mom, you're winning!
查看中文翻译
Now returning to other local news…
查看中文翻译
Ellen, why don't you go out to the backyard
查看中文翻译
"Housewife campaigns in appliance stores."
查看中文翻译
You're gonna win.
查看中文翻译
Riverdale High School
查看中文翻译
some magazine will pick up the story, too.
查看中文翻译
She's winning!
查看中文翻译
but in the end the voters will have to decide.
查看中文翻译
beat its rival Horace Mann in baseball today…
查看中文翻译
Mrs. Ellen Stewart has taken an early lead.
查看中文翻译
Just cool down.
查看中文翻译
He's a Boswell voter.
查看中文翻译
and get some fresh air?
查看中文翻译
except Hamlin's.
查看中文翻译
It's too soon to know for certain.
查看中文翻译
for the one seat on the Riverdale School Board,
查看中文翻译
I know it!
查看中文翻译
Mom, you're going to win!
查看中文翻译
You inherited your father's brains.
查看中文翻译
That's a brilliant idea, Richard!
查看中文翻译
And guess what?
查看中文翻译
We got our brains from you, Dad.
查看中文翻译
In the hotly contested race
查看中文翻译
You're ahead.
查看中文翻译
I know we're getting some attention now,
查看中文翻译
It's not over yet.
查看中文翻译
Their TV news is going to cover it.
查看中文翻译
and wait for the final results.
查看中文翻译
That's better than being behind.
查看中文翻译
More sports after this.
查看中文翻译
Trust me!
查看中文翻译
And I'll bet
查看中文翻译
第十八篇 | 走遍美国
8 / 8
in the morning to interview you.
查看中文翻译
You'll have another chance next election.
查看中文翻译
Oh, yes, yes, Mr. Maxwell.
查看中文翻译
What was that about?
查看中文翻译
You lost the election,
查看中文翻译
of Boswell, and of me.
查看中文翻译
What happened?
查看中文翻译
You lost by a very small number of votes.
查看中文翻译
You were right, Philip.
查看中文翻译
There just wasn't enough time.
查看中文翻译
Look,
查看中文翻译
on our community.
查看中文翻译
you've made a very strong impression
查看中文翻译
but you won the attention of the residents of Riverdale,
查看中文翻译
And in this family.
查看中文翻译
Only one hundred and twenty-one votes!
查看中文翻译
I hear Boswell
查看中文翻译
You are?
查看中文翻译
Well, thank you, Mr. Maxwell.
查看中文翻译
Good-bye.
查看中文翻译
I'm sending over a reporter
查看中文翻译
and good-bye.
查看中文翻译
I needed that.
查看中文翻译
Maybe we'll all care now.
查看中文翻译
Hello, Mr. Maxwell.
查看中文翻译
I did make a difference in town.
查看中文翻译
I just called to tell you
查看中文翻译
wants to appoint you to a special arts committee.
查看中文翻译
Thank you, Grandpa.
查看中文翻译
You tried, Mom.
查看中文翻译
I need some.
查看中文翻译
How are you?
查看中文翻译
I'm gonna do an article
查看中文翻译
on "Ellen Stewart -- she cares."
查看中文翻译
You came very close, Ellen.
查看中文翻译
I'm sorry, Mom.
查看中文翻译
that you are very impressive.
查看中文翻译
I lost.
查看中文翻译
You lost by only a hundred and twenty-one votes.
查看中文翻译
I appreciate your kind words.
查看中文翻译
Hello.
查看中文翻译
Thank you --
查看中文翻译

阅读难度

小说篇幅

小说分类